What does three months of manga look like? Something like this. These pictures represent 4-5 separate orders placed since August. I fell a bit behind in posting.
- LE THÉÂTRE DE A
- sugar coat excess – I can’t deny a Minekura Kazuya artbook, especially one filled with Wild Adapter. It now rests next to the original artbook, sugar coat.
- Color Film 1 – Yoneda Kou full color? It contains my favorite colored NightS illustration? Yes, please.
Unfortunately, MangaOh wouldn’t let me preorder LE THÉÂTRE DE A at the time, so to ensure I’d get a copy of perhaps the best release of the year, I went with Amazon. I’ve had issues with Amazon packaging before, but the condition my 2400 yen book showed up in was a new low. Very bent. The creases in the pic don’t look as dramatic as they really are–the corner is very angled and fucked up. The inner pages are mostly fine, I suppose. It amazes me that paying more for shipping gets you less quality packaging.
I had some points left over and placed a very small order with honto about two months ago. It took another month to reach my place, wooo. I hear it might have changed? I have 500 points.. maybe I’ll order a book and see.
The second picture has all the BL titles. Quite a few this time.
- Parallel Lines
- Urahara to Dilemma – this has the lovely oneshot Jouzetsuna Yubi
- Tengoku mo Jigoku mo – Nishida Higashi’s newest bad boy. Loved it. Best part of the story was the old lady.
- Mada Ai ga Tarinai – more Nishida Higashi!
- Super Lovers 5
- Muchuu no Hito 4 – the end!
- Tenkousei Jinno Murasaki 1-4 – I enjoyed this title. The last volume was interesting–it went into horror manga territory and one guy went yandere. He had an impressive (spirit) body count.
- Like a dog, as a dog
- Yagi-san Yuubin
- Yasashiku Shinaide Naichau kara – my random gateau tank purchases have not been very good so far, but I fell prey to the blonde on the cover. So far, it’s pretty underwhelming. Not surprised.
- Yorokobi wa Ude no Naka – not a big Katou Setsuko fan, but I am a big oyaji fan, so it’s on.
- Tonari no Onii-san – love impish shota seme characters. It was only a small part of the entire tank though.
- Hana Nomi Zo Shiru 3
- Omairi Desu yo
- Mousukoshi Yoru ga Nagakereba – random title I remembered from Fushichou
- Wagamama na Otoko – Ugh, that ridiculous pixelated censoring in porny manga.. but it’s Tsukasa Matsuzaki.
- Eroman – Kami to Pen to Sex to!!
- Shinjuku Lucky Hole
- Konoyo Ibun 6 – more Suzuki Tsuta is always good
Then the shoujo batch.
- Ore Monogatari!! 2 – still love it, can’t wait for more.
- Wannin! 3
- Kyou mo Ashita mo 10-11
- Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji 4
- Kore wa Koi no Hanashi 6
- Mahou no Tsukaikata 1 – been waiting for this release. Another textured cover
- Mahoutsukai no Shinyuu 1 – this looks adorable
- Moon Trick 4
- Kemono no Tengoku 4
- Silver Diamond 27 – the end! It was a battle of who was gayer for each other: Prince/Kinrei or Chigusa/Rakan. I’m okay with that.
- G Defend 40
- Ou no Ibara 8
- Kainushi wa Akuma 1
- Keishichou Tokuhanka 007 11
- Hoshikuzu Crybaby
- Ame Nochi Hare 6
- Kaizoku to Ningyo 6
- Akagami no Shiroyukihime 8
- Koi to Gunkan 3 – loved this. Love this title more and more with each new volume
- Nakajima Nakajima 1 – new Nishi Keiko!!! Yet another title for me to desperately want.
- Love Kare – Gokujou Men Dokuhon! Suits Danshi
The months September through November are a Nishi Keiko fan’s dream with many releases, including some reprints, some continuations of her already publishing series, and the first tankoubon release for a new series.
The “other” pile
- Koban (old), Koban 0 – I bought Koban (old) before Koban #0 was announced. Koban #0 is a rerelease with a few new additions. Love the covers of both. No regrets.
- metro 1 – more Ishikawa Chika! Nice textured cover
- Otoko no Isshou 4
- 5-ji kara 9-ji Made 5
- Fantasy – holy crap age gap! 59 vs 14. And from Manga Erotics F. I had NO clue what to expect from that combination. I liked it.
- Inugamihime ni Kuchizuke 1 – bought on a whim after seeing it featured on Natalie.
- Yabu to Hanamomo – I’m a dog person, but I still appreciate seeing this rough guy tamed by a cute little cat. It’s interesting to read a character talk dumb to a pet in a foreign language too.
A spoiler for Otoko no Isshou–I was a bit disappointed with the final chapter. If I could count on one author to write a convincing, beautiful story about the love between two people that didn’t require a child for the reader to believe they’ll be together forever, I would look to Nishi Keiko. But instead, she chose to have Kaieda conceive a child while he was well into his 50’s. Kay. No bucking that trend apparently. Have I ever read a romance manga with a heterosexual couple that has been married for years but has no children by choice? Hmm.. one is not coming to mind that doesn’t at least reference them having a kid in the future.
Oops, stragglers that didn’t make it into the other pics:
- Specialty wo Douzo
- Ashita mo Aishite Kuremasu ka
- Heroine Shikkaku 8
- Hirunaka no Ryuusei 4
- Kuşlar – gorgeous est em! I wish the postcard didn’t have so much text on it. I’d like to display it.. I might anyway.
- Boku no Otousan 1 – didn’t even make it into the straggler pic because I was reading it last night.