It’s a whole month late, but my lost box of manga finally showed up. Why did it take 3 times longer than two other boxes that left at the same time? Well, despite the fact that honto ships internationally, they have no clue how to do so properly.
They printed the address in the wrong area and that screws up whatever sorting process is involved. Love the little label that was taped on sometime before it left Japan: “Be a sport and deliver this expensive merchandise if you could manage since the sender was too dumb to do this properly, thanks.” I’ve had 6 boxes total from honto and don’t recall the labeling on all, but this one clearly hit a snag. Considering this happened not only to me but a few people who have talked to me, it’s not an isolated incident and I’d use them with extreme caution.
As I don’t appreciate being screwed out of hundreds of dollars or the stress that comes from waiting for lost books, I’m not sure I can continue to order from them if they aren’t consistent. I have some points that expire at the end of the month, so I ordered just a few 7-21 day books and will see if this happens all the time. I don’t really have a long term plan yet nor have the patience to address it with work ramping up again. I’m mostly just interested in new releases for a while anyway. So I grabbed some manga using EMS from Mangaoh, who know how to label packages.
- salty dog artbook 7! I own a dozen of her artbooks and it’s still not enough
- Hetalia artbook ArteStella Piccolo – I like his color work, but didn’t want to pay for the extras of the original artbook, so this was perfect
- Hetalia 5 Special Edition
- Ureshi Hazukashi Yasen Kunren – Ore no Baruken de Ike! – quite a title and cover
- Oukoku no Ko 1
- Wakudeki Shumi
- Ane-san Countdown! 1-2
- Aoi Kiku
- Yakan Hikou
- Hungry Tiger
- Hibari no Asa 1
- Koban 1 – I always wanted the Poe Backs version of this, but being an unknown with a high price and small page count kept me away. Now that I see what I like, I might have to hunt down the original.. now that’s it has low availability. sigh