Despite the arrival of summer, I’ve neglected things around here in favor of other shiny things. Some of which include:
Most attention has gone toward Diablo III which arrived exactly when I wanted a video game to binge on. I’ve been running my wizard around like crazy. On the other hand, I’ve barely touched Brothers Conflict yet. In due time. If I manage to do it before I grab the Atelier Elkrone otome game. It’s like my dirty little secret of wanting the Atelier games to be dating sims as well was heard.
I still want to loosen up Sterk… Fabulous.
I have been dabbling in manga and have received a number of them.
Caught up on Tousuisha manga purchases. The reality of Silver Diamond ending is starting to set in. Volume 27 will be the last. I’ve been reading it continuously since.. 2004? There was a year in-between where I almost stopped reading manga, but Silver Diamond is the one thing I stayed current on. It’s hard to imagine a manga world without Chigusa and Rakan. We’ll see where all the developments /revelations from this last volume go… I hope she doesn’t rip my heart out.
I’ve been trying to chip away at them and can’t fixate my attention on just one to write up something about it. Something from Monden Akiko (Limiter, a josei title), Almost Paradise (almost unnecessary? Matsuo Marta has no lack of fans..), Dakara Kaneda was Koi ga Dekinai, Brown Sugar, a number of things from my backlog.. being indecisive is resulting in a whole lot of nothing. I’ll have to make a concentrated effort to get back into the swing of things.
- Tenshi Bitter x Akuma Sweet by Chika
- Almost Paradise by Matsuo Marta
- Kamisama Hajimemashita 12 by Suzuki Julietta
- Senpai by Bikke
- Principal 4 by Ikuemi Ryo
- Honto Yajuu 5 by Yamamoto Kotetsuko
- Ikasama Memori 1 by Natsume Isaku
- [sen] rasen no zyou by Okadaya Tetuzoh
- Oujisama to Haiiro no Hibi 2 by Yamanaka Hiko
- Sansukumi 4 by Kinuta Murako
- Ane no Kekkon 3 by Nishi Keiko
- Muchuu no Hito 1-3 by Tanaka Suzuki
- Dolci 2 by Hoshino Soumei
- Are You Alice? 5 by Katagiri Ikumi/Ninomiya Ai
- Dakara Kaneda wa Koi ga Dekinai 1 by Kazumi Yuana
- Zeni Doku 1 by Monden Akiko
- Message by Monden Akiko
- Chijou wa Pocket no Naka no Niwa by Tanaka Ai
- Tanoshii Apaato Life wo Osugoshi Kudasai by Marei Kengo
- Bokura no Hikari Club 2 by Furuya Usamaru
- Okashina Futari 2 by Okaue Ai
- Yukito 1 by Monden Akiko/Oosawa Arimasa
- Sora to Hara by Nakamura Asumiko
- Sono Te ga Koi ni Kizuku Made by Nagisa Banri
- Brown Sugar by Akiyama Kaori
- Silver Diamond 26 by Sugiura Shiho
- Rare Jewel 2-4 by Toumiya Senko
- Kemono no Oukoku 2-3 by Sugihara Machiko
- Kamisama Gakuen @ Armeria 1 by Kakizaki Muku
- Keishichou Tokuhanka 007 9-10 by Kaji Eiri
- Akubana Kyuuseishu 1-2 by Sena Masaya
I’ve read 3 of the 4 books in the middle. Funny thing is they are all student/teacher stories and 2 are art teachers. Sora to Hara and Almost Paradise look great next to each other–so colorful! Both were great reads. I was delighted at the surprise fantasy story in Almost Paradise. Fantasy is just not something I expected from Matsuo Marta. Nagisa Banri (Sono Te ga Koi ni Kizuku Made) has a refreshing style. It’s not classic BL beautiful bishie that’s done to death: the haircuts remind me a bit of Mentaiko. It has a decent story for a beginner.. dramatic with a touch of mystery. Sora to Hara came with fun stickers and Senpai came with a postcard. I’ve gotten a number of nice postcards lately and wanted to do something with them…
I’ve started to go through these. I think Nishi Keiko is conspiring to kill me with Ane no Kekkon. I’m not sure what direction the story is going to go from here. There’s just a little hint in the cover, which is so nice that I had to make it the new blog header image.
& Volume 4 is coming out in about a week. That’s an instant auto-buy title, so I already placed a small-ish order. That will be my first order from honto. Yay? After that, no more until mid-July. I got enough crap to read!