I turned in my final grades today and when I got home, my Christmas manga was waiting for me on the doorstep. What timing! There was a large amount, so getting a pic was a bit hard. You get the idea. Title list is here.
Two days ago I got another shipment as well. If I can’t find certain things online in the usual places, I use a proxy bidding service for yahoo.jp auctions. The strong yen these days means only when I’m very desperate. That boils down to collecting Tousuisha’s back catalog–with a limited distribution channel to begin with, finding their ~10-15+ year old stuff can be quite a pain. However, do not underestimate the level of my Tousuisha freakishness. I already own almost 600 volumes published by them. But it’s still not enough because it’s not all of them. The latest additions include:
- Tanigawa Eina books, a mangaka I had nothing for previously. Looks like very fluffy shoujo slice-of-life filled with innocent school boys: Tomo・Dachi・Mono・Gatari, Bad Man Factory, Shiawase Ron, Yume Miru Shounen ★ Wataru, Itsuka, Kitto Mou Sugu
- Another new-to-me mangaka, Sawamukai Shino: Koi Made Ato 3po 1-2, Ichiban Chikakute Toui Kimi, Odd’s On
- 4 volumes from Isaki Yasuka (already have Hawk Jack): Mahou no Yubiwa, Yume de Aimashou, I Gotta Believe! ~Orenara Dekiru sa~, Shushokukatsudou no Susume. I’m still missing the first volume from this person now. CURSES.
Other stuff that snuck in over time:
- Yakumo Tatsu 1-19 (complete) – I hate bunko and this auction popped up, so I bought it to have on hand for future reading. I’m a huge fan of late 80s/early-mid 90s Hana to Yume and shoujo manga with male protagonists (that’s a little slashy, yeeah). Fairly cheap, good condition, and even had the edges resurfaced/shaved by a used bookstore machine to take away some of the yellowing.
- A collection of Hanakisou doujinshi (comics/stories) – why not
- Inugata Summit Dog Type 3 – I like the works a lot, for both the artistry and humor. So I got this even though I’m not into Gunji that much. However, I really didn’t appreciate the SHOTA BOMB. WTH man.
- The 4 in the top corner are dupes. Multi-volume auctions = less proxy fees.
Shelf space is rapidly running out. So many choices… manga coma begins now.