The final part of my last order arrived, so I’ve been riffling through it. I also made an order for the end of February since the second Oyajina! tank is finally being released!
I dug into the shoujo first with Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji 2. I’m regretting not adding the rest of her manga to my latest order… next time. At first I was upset that this tank was padded with a oneshot like the first, but it was a recent work and I rather liked it. It was a funny romance between a kogal-type and a geeky guy. I moved on to Pin to Kona, which I’m finding to be quite enjoyable! It has a nice mix of characters–instead of the heroine being the earnest, bright-eyed, and kinda stupid character, it’s one of the male leads instead, ha. He manages to come off as endearing. The other male lead is a bit scandalous and more Machiavellian. They’re both trying to climb to the top of the kabuki world, so there’s a lot of gorgeous clothing to enjoy along with the rather complicated love polygon that’s forming. Other than that, here’s some random pics from the latest purchases.
Here’s a list of the books in the upcoming order. There’s a large amount of BL this time.. I got daring with random purchases, I suppose. I’m probably going to regret a few of them, ha. Nothing risked, nothing gained. I ended up ordering a variety of Monden Akiko–I greatly respect mangaka who write for many different demographics/genres–josei, BL, naughty seinen, smutty ledicomi.. oh yeah~
I even purchased the SuBLime release of Okusan no Mousouteki Nichijou in the meantime. Best cracky manga ever–it’s a fairly clever parody as well. However, Libre should be ashamed of their censoring. SuBLime confirmed it was not them, but the original publisher went back and molested the magazine chapters of this manga. It’s worse than old school glow in the dark penises. The area is completely white, like they were cut out, and the men look like Ken dolls. What’s the point of publishing BL with sex in it then? I’d rather they use angles (like from the back) where I don’t have to see the GAPING AREA where a penis should be. I’m not sure I’ll ever buy a random Libre release again after this. Only authors that I already love and want to support. I read plenty of BL without sex, but when there is sex involved, it shouldn’t look so… pathetic.
- Oyajina! ~Ryuu to Shinomiya no Baai~ by Hiiragi Nozomu – HOW I’VE AWAITED THIS HOLY DAY
- Hatsukoi no Atosaki by Hidaka Shoko
- Koi Suru Boukun 8 by Takanaga Hinkao
- Mad Cinderella 1-2 (end) by Yamamoto Kotetsuko
- Limiter by Monden Akiko
- 1-en no Otoko by Monden Akiko
- Ai Koso Subete by Kinoshita Keiko – oyaji parade in the next few purchases
- Tora to Wakasama by Miyakoshi Wasoh
- Boku wa Kimi wo Dounika Shitai by Yoshiduka Mayako
- Nanmi Ryuusuke no Gouman na Seisan by Fukai Yuuki
- Doutei Hitsuji to Abazure Ookami by Mito Hitomi
- Okusan no Mousouteki Nichijou by Takatsuki Noboru
- Kirai na Senpai by Ichinose Yuma
- Mononofu! 1 by Kuku Hayate
- Maou no Amai Keiyaku by Kuku Hayate
- Taiyou no Ie 1-5 by Taamo – getting back into reading a variety of longer shoujo series
- Aruosumente 2 by Aki
- Kore wa Koi no Hanashi 4 by Chika
- Wannin! 1 by Hoonoki Sora – animal-ears, ninjas, dogs
- Tora to Ookami 6 by Kamio Toko – the end?!?!
- Saihate Keisatsu by Matsuhisa Kou
- Emerald no Kaizoku by Kihara Toshie – old school shoujo pirates! boo for bunko though
- Clover no Kuni no Alice – Kishi no Kokoroe 1 – ACE!!
- Clover no Kuni no Alice – Sangatsu no Usagi no Kakumei
- Joker no Kuni no Alice ~ Circus to Usotsuki Game ~ 2 by Fujimaru Mamenosuke
- Tomodachi Ijou by Okazaki Mari
- Ryouken Tantei – Saint Merry no Ribon 1 by Taniguchi Jiro/Inami Itsura
- Babylonia no Shishi by Higuri Yuu
- Natsume Yuujinchou 13 by Midorikawa Yuki
- Zengen Yawa by Monden Akiko – the characters look ridiculously hot the cover/back cover
- Ai ga Nakereba by Monden Akiko – smutty ladies manga – the first I’ll ever own!
- Working Girl H 1 by Monden Akiko – naughty seinen to compare to the smutty ledicomi–should be interesting
- Arienai Getsuyoubi by Monden Akiko
- Aibiki by Katsuta Bun – I’m sad after Chikutaku Bonbon ended and need a fix